Note: Purchase Orders can only be consolidated before they are sent to the Supplier.
The workaround for this situation is as follows:
1. Receive both Purchase Orders. From 'Dashboard', go to [Documents] [Purchase Orders]. Click on the 'blue' truck of the Purchase Order, or the Purchase Order number shown in 'blue'.
2. Enter any quantity changes, if necessary, record date and stock locations in below fields as normal, and click the 'green' [Receive] button. Repeat for the second Purchase Order.
3. Match the Invoice against one of the Purchase Orders by searching for the Purchase Order, and clicking the 'blue' cross-hair icon on the Purchase Order line.
4. In the pop-up window, search for the Supplier or Invoice number, and click on the 'blue' link icon on the line of the Invoice.
5. Close the second Purchase Order by repeating Step 1, and press the 'yellow' [Close] button on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
6. Then search for the relevant Invoice, go to [Documents], [Invoices], type the supplier name or invoice number in the search field and click on the 'blue' magnifying glass icon. Click on the 'blue' invoice number when it appears to go into the Invoice body.
7. In the Invoice body, click on [Journal Entries], and click on the 'green' '+' icon to
enter a new Journal entry.
8. Fill in all fields to assign the correct department and account, as below, and click [Save] once done. Check out this article for more information, Journal entries.
Note - It is ideal to encourage the Supplier to raise only one invoice per Purchase Order, as many steps are required to rectify the issue.